WELCOME TO OUR NEW SITE: tomymostalas.wordpress.com

You'll be automatically taken there in a second.. Change your bookmarks, thanks!

Monday 18 April 2016

EYELESS IN GAZA - Rust Red September (1983)

Review by: Ed Luo
Album assigned by: A. A.



Now this is an album whose exact sound I don’t think I’ve heard before much, if at all. All of the songs overall are essentially moody, ethereal pieces that, although very melodic, very guitar-based and easy on the ear, are still kind of secondary to the atmosphere of it all. That said I’m not quite sure what to make of the vocalist, whose vocal style really reminds me of someone who I can’t recall at the moment. Out of all the songs I would go for “Pale and Pearl” as a highlight, but really I think the tracks work best as a cohesive whole. Would definitely recommend this to others just for the atmosphere, and need to give this another listen when I have more free time :p

No comments:

Post a Comment